Tuesday, August 5, 2008

SUMMER SCENTS 2008



These are my top 3 colognes that I am showcasing this summer...They are light and fresh with a twist. First up is Flor De Azahar by Zara (the Spanish clothing retailer). This is water-based, so no alcohol, the smell is of fresh orange blossoms...very Mediterranean.  Got one for my father, since he loves scents...and at $35.00 for a large bottle, its a bargain. Next is a classic oldie but goodie, Dior's Fahrenheit. This was given to me by my nice uncle in Dallas this past July, who took me to a Wal-Mart to purchase it ($35/ 1.7 fl oz). Living! I used to wear this in high school back in '93...don't know the exact ingredients, but it just works on so many levels...very Nostalgic. Next one up, well I don't have this one really...just samples, is Diptyque's Philosykos...kinda pricey at $90 for a somewhat small bottle, but that smell is out of control. Ultra-chic, Space.NK apothecary in Soho describes it as "A delicious blend of fig tree leaves and white cedar...like the scent of a hot summer day in Greece." Well put...I feel like I am in Mykonos already...with this liquid fantasy. All three bottles are actually quite fab, in a quite, relaxed way...just the way summer in the city is meant to be....

No comments: