Wednesday, May 27, 2009

LEGEND: ESTEVAN ORIOL








I was first introduced to Estevan Oriol more than 10 years ago, when I was interning for Rose Cefalu at Visages (a photo rep agency) in L.A. Rose was the former photo editor for DETOUR magazine and was at that time Oriol's first photo agent. I immediately loved Oriol's work, which not only reminds me of my L.A days, but also a gritty and exclusive look into street life there. Since then Estevan Oriol has quickly established himself has the GRAND-granddaddy of lowrider, gang, tattoo, hip-hop, and everything underground culture. His work has appeared in numerous magazines, galleries, advertising campaigns, clothing and accessory lines, and has recently branched into music videos and movies. I adore his realness, his portraits, and his stories. See more at www.estevanoriol.com

No comments: