Thursday, April 9, 2009

SHOOT ME!

Okay, for all of you out there that don't know: I AM A PHOTOGRAPHER! I know this blog mainly focuses on decor and other lush visuals, but another reason to the madness that is RAZ, is my ultimate love of shooting pictures. It started back in day, around high school times...in the early '90s. At that time I was shooting my fellow high school buddies for our drama productions. That humble beginning evolved to shooting crushes, hotties, and obsessions of the day. I always shot boys and girls I wanted to capture and play with on film. It was always about a transformation, a setup, a fantasy. Without any formal training, I was shooting and shooting, not realizing that I was building my own particular way of framing, cropping and executing the shots. No digital, no photoshop,  just the magic of film. I began to look at the work of the best as well: Steven Meisel, Bruce Weber, Ellen Von Unwerth, Avedon, Peter Lindberg. After being published locally I wanted to pursue it in college, so I headed west to L.A and enrolled in art school...learned some art history, theory, and the lovely process of art making on a whole. But I knew I needed to come to the main arena: NYC. So here I am. Many, many shoots, some published work, a website, an exhibition and now a blog to talk about it! Its been a fun and at times painful ride, but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Gawwd...the stories I can tell!
But for now, I'll say it with pictures. Some from the past, some from the present and as well as a foreshadowing to the near future. So no more long bios, just see this as an intro...the pics will narrate themselves perhaps. Incoming, get ready to see more photography, some NEVER before seen. 
RAZ EXCLUSIVES!

No comments: