Thursday, October 23, 2008

ALL MAPPED OUT






always have been fascinated with maps, especially that of exotic islands...really loving these vintage maps as beautiful wall decor...they would be gorgeous in framed groupings. maps put a spell on me, as i have always been a lover of geography and world travel in general. i adore learning about faraway lands, cultures and customs...that sense of discovery and adventure is very alluring. running around like crazy here in nyc, makes me wanna just take a breather and really explore other worlds besides our own...perhaps my shoot "la isla" is a complete reflection of my current chain of thoughts, one reason i still continue to love taking pictures, its always been about beauty and fantasy for me, an exploration of an idea within my own mind...picture-making lets me escape from the grind of reality. maps are a great way to take that voyage to the unknown ends of the earth.... ( make sure to click on the maps above, so they may enlarge to really see the fine detail and beauty of these pieces)


No comments: